40 Days for Life is a pro-life initiative that began in the USA. 40 Days for Life consists of:
- 40 days of prayer and fasting
- 40 days of peaceful vigil
- 40 days of community outreach
- More than 350,000 have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 11,500 church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Reports document 2,811 lives that have been spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
- 35 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
- Six abortion facilities completely shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Hundreds of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, including a lifetime of regrets
- More than 850 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programmes
- Many people with past abortion experiences have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery.
40 Days for Life is now coming to London from 22 September to 31 October. A constant vigil will be keep outside the Marie Stopes abortion clinic in central London, 24 hours a day, for 40 days.
The bottom line is this: if you
- are prolife
- care about the plight of unborn children
- care about the countless women left scarred by abortion
- want to reach out to the many men who should have been fathers
- want to do something that will save lives and change the culture of death into a culture of life
This isn’t just an invitation or an awareness campaign aimed at churches and pro-life organisations; it’s a personal invitation to each and every person, to prayer, fast, and act.
More information and ways to commit can be found on the 40 Days for Life London website.
Comments on this blog? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for alerts to new blog-posts and/or for SPUC's other email services
Follow SPUC on Twitter
Join SPUC's Facebook group
Please support SPUC. Please donate, join, and/or leave a legacy