We therefore must double our prayers for Ireland and especially for our pro-life colleagues, who are having to deal with a virtual tsunami of anti-life vitriol unleashed by the pro-abortion lobby and its fellow-travellers in the mainstream media.
By the way of summary, here are some key points about the Savita case:
- the full details of this case are not yet known, so we must await the investigations which have been launched before we can make definitive comments
- miscarriage and infection can be managed by proper medical treatment
- abortion is not medicine - it does not treat or cure any pathology
- many women have died from infection or other causes because of supposedly safe and legal abortions.
- Savita Halappanavar death tragic but abortion doesn’t save women’s lives
- Induced delivery of non-viable children is neither ethical nor Catholic
- Pius XII's teaching on double-effect did not allow induced delivery of non-viable children
Sign up for alerts to new blog-posts and/or for SPUC's other email services
Follow SPUC on Twitter
Like SPUC's Facebook Page
Please support SPUC. Please donate, join, and/or leave a legacy