Tuesday 5 October 2010

Norman Wisdom, my boyhood hero, dies

I was saddened to hear today that Norman Wisdom, my boyhood hero, has died. Some of my happiest memories are laughing till I cried with my dad, Jack Smeaton, watching Norman Wisdom's latest film at the cinema. (My late mum and dad are my lifetime heros. Their example, lobbying against the Abortion Act 1967, led me into the pro-life movement.)

I don't know what youtube video gives me more pleasure - the first, below, from Trouble in Store, made in 1953, or the second, below, showing him still entertaining audiences in 2007 in the care home where he lived.




Thanks Norman for all the pleasure you gave to so many during your life. Rest in peace!

Comments on this blog? Email them to johnsmeaton@spuc.org.uk
Sign up for alerts to new blog-posts and/or for SPUC's other email services
Follow SPUC on Twitter
Join SPUC's Facebook group
Please support SPUC. Please donate, join, and/or leave a legacy