- Many people do not know, that since 1973 (year abortion was legalized in the U.S.) more African American babies have been killed by abortion than the total number of African American deaths from all other causes combined.
- Abortion services have been deliberately and systematically targeted towards African Americans. A disproportionate number of the nation’s abortion mills are located in minority neighbourhoods.
- 35% of abortions in the United States are performed on African American women, while they represent only 13% of the female population of the country.
- The abortion rate among married African American women is three times greater than it is among white women.
- According to the 2000 Census, Hispanics have replaced African Americans as the largest minority group in the US. The loss of over 14 million black babies through abortion has played a significant part in this population decline.
The eugenic ideals of the abortion lobby are not exclusive to the United States, but are evident in the UK and throughout the world. Marie Stopes, the British counterpart of Margaret Sanger (founder of International Planned Parenthood), was also a eugenicist. In a letter to Clarence Gamble in 1939, making reference to her 'Negro Project', Sanger wrote: “We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population...”
Marie Stopes applauded the Nazi eugenics programme and played an active part in the Berlin ‘racial science’ conference in 1935. She is known to have admired Adolf Hitler, and sent him a book of her poetry. In 1942, she wrote the following, “Catholics, Prussians, The Jews and the Russians, All are a curse, Or something worse...” She called for compulsory sterilisation of those deemed unfit for parenthood and disinherited her own son for marrying a woman who needed glasses (see the Science Museum website for reference). Stopes left her clinic at 108 Whitfield Street to the Eugenics Society upon her death. Thankfully there is a daily peaceful, prayerful pro-life vigil organised outside 108 Whitfield Street by The Good Counsel Network.
I applaud the Radiance Foundation for their innovative work exposing the abortion industry and defending human life.
Comments on this blog? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for alerts to new blog-posts and/or for SPUC's other email services
Follow SPUC on Twitter
Like SPUC's Facebook Page
Please support SPUC. Please donate, join, and/or leave a legacy