Thursday 23 July 2015

Another young man inspired to join pro-life fight

Ettore (Finaldi) is 15 and at St Thomas More school in Eltham, south London. He belongs to an Italian family and is the eldest of five children.

He came to SPUC's HQ in London to do work experience, and to learn about pro-life work, and he was very much impressed and inspired - as you will see from the letter of thanks received yesterday from Rhoslyn Thomas, SPUC's youth officer and Ettore's line manager whilst he was working for the Society.
Dear Miss Thomas,

I am writing to thank you for giving me a placement at SPUC. I really enjoyed it. I feel I have learned a great deal whilst I was here about the pro-life movement. I particularly enjoyed the trip to the Houses of Parliament and writing the blog. What I found most interesting was how we put the data [concerning new pro-life supporters] into a database. I have also loved working with the great staff.

This has given me an insight into the world of work and I have loved the independence, and using my time for a brilliant cause. Working in the pro-life field has shown me that I want to join SPUC in the future. I will definitely be going for the internship in three years’ time, I have also spoken to Elizabeth Foody about volunteering here in the near future when I have holidays! I would just like to thank you again for this great opportunity.

Yours sincerely

Ettore Finaldi
I don't know about you, but I love Ettore's vision, his sense of independence and his clear commitment to the pro-life cause. I hope he inspires you too ...

Comments on this blog? Email them to johnsmeaton@spuc.org.uk
Sign up for alerts to new blog-posts and/or for SPUC's other email services
Follow SPUC on Twitter
Like SPUC's Facebook Page
Please support SPUC. Please donate, join, and/or leave a legacy