|HSH Prince Alois of Liechtenstein|
Young British Christian adults much more concerned about pro-life issues than elderly Christians
Young British Christians are much more concerned about pro-life issues than elderly Christians, suggests a new poll. Two out of three Christians aged 18-34 surveyed said abortion and euthanasia were very important issues, compared to one in three Christians aged over 65. [Inspire Magazine, 23 August] http://bit.ly/qywnp8 John Smeaton, SPUC director, commented: "This is encouraging news for the defence of the sanctity of human life. It shows that the pro-life movement has a promising future."
English coroners turning a blind eye to assisted suicide, claims report
Coroners in England are turning a blind eye to suspected cases of assisted suicide, claims a new report. Two coroners (one retired) interviewed by Demos, a think-tank, said they avoided looking too closely into such cases in order to spare families problems. [Telegraph, 23 August] http://tgr.ph/rdagXW Demos is hosting a fake commission into assisted suicide on behalf of the euthanasia lobby.
UK IVF lottery suspended pending watchdog review
A lottery in which couples can win IVF treatment has been suspended pending a review by the Charity Commission. Entrants paid £20 for a ticket to win £25,000 worth of treatment. [Express, 21 August] http://bit.ly/pBHNTG SPUC's Anthony McCarthy has criticised the lottery as trivialising human life and procreation.
- Watch this powerful pro-life film just released on YouTube [John Smeaton, 22 August] http://bit.ly/rl7MCt
- UK woman who had abortion following demotion wins compensation [Express, 19 August] http://bit.ly/qYTf0n
- Regent of Liechtenstein (pictured) opposes bill to liberalise abortion law [LifeSiteNews.com, 18 August] http://bit.ly/q2ADDv
- More Singaporeans going abroad for IVF to choose baby's gender [Center for Genetics and Society, 22 August] http://bit.ly/pCwrBi
- Read Anthony Ozimic's introduction to stem cell research [John Smeaton, 21 August] http://bit.ly/mTuybR
- Writer on prominent US blog hopes for plague to reduce world population [LifeSiteNews.com, 22 August] http://bit.ly/rtJVvC
- US vice-president's comments on China's one-child policy criticised by pro-life experts [LifeNews.com, 22 August] http://bit.ly/q60pgB
- Documentary shows pro-life struggle in the Philippines [CathNews, 23 August] http://bit.ly/pmYuVd
Sign up for alerts to new blog-posts and/or for SPUC's other email services
Follow SPUC on Twitter
Join SPUC's Facebook group
Please support SPUC. Please donate, join, and/or leave a legacy